Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone have a log fuelled biomass boiler?

(9 Posts)
prepperpig Tue 09-Jun-15 12:59:38

I have to decide this week whether we are going ahead replacing our oil heating with biomass (logs) and am having last minute concerns about the amount of effort involved. We have wood burners in the house but this is clearly more intensive in terms of effort. Does anyone have experience with a log fuelled boiler system?

QueenAnt Tue 09-Jun-15 14:49:46

Why not look into wood pellets?

OnePlanOnHouzz Tue 09-Jun-15 14:53:06

My neighbours have this - they love it ! Only downside I can see is the unsightly pile of pallets and other crap that friends other neighbours and vocal builders drop off for them to burn !!

prepperpig Tue 09-Jun-15 17:18:15

As you know though oneplan, I have plenty of piles of crap so a few more won't make any difference <waves> wink

prepperpig Tue 09-Jun-15 17:19:20

We have our own woodland queenant so pellets make less sense for us.

QueenAnt Tue 09-Jun-15 19:12:23

Well, why not have the best of both worlds, and make your own pellets?

OnePlanOnHouzz Wed 10-Jun-15 07:22:03

Tee hee !! Well in that case .... Go for it ! You can get warm from burning all the Crap !!!

prepperpig Mon 29-Jun-15 20:04:40

So just to update, our biomass boiler has been signed off today ad is currently burning its first real load. Its enormous but will heat the 3000 litre tank of water and provided us with heating and hot water for free (well sort of, if you ignore the 315k up front cost!)! I'm stupidly happy about a boiler grin

prepperpig Mon 29-Jun-15 20:05:10

£15k not 315k. Now that would be expensive!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now