Been in this process since mid feb. Sold stc v quickly. Found a house we adored, went down that road.
Then the seller pulled out due to not being able to find an onward purchase.
We found another place we love, offer accepted. Even got money off due to work needed.
Now our buyers have pulled out, less than three weeks from exchange!! Apparently their homebuyers' report said our house was worth the price, but parts of the conservatory have timber rot and it is too much for them to take on. They didn't want money off, they're just leaving totally.
We are now waiting to hear if we can hang on to the house we want until we find new buyers! Aaaaaaaarrrgghh!!
A few weeks from exchange? You've all progressed quite a long way. Hopefully the sellers won't want to start from scratch. Even if they re-list it and get some interest, you'd probably be their first choice for a few weeks at least.