Talk

Advanced search

Put an offer in on dream home

(32 Posts)
ArgentinianMalbec Sun 07-Jun-15 19:49:11

I am so excited. Watching location location location right now and feeling anxious! grin
Just felt the need to share! Never have I wished away a Sunday before!!!!!

itdc Sun 07-Jun-15 21:16:21

Stay calm and good luck

Marylou2 Sun 07-Jun-15 21:33:25

Exciting!!The very best of luck to you.

bilbodog Sun 07-Jun-15 22:32:19

Good luck

ArgentinianMalbec Mon 08-Jun-15 06:17:36

Thank you! Will be waiting forcall today! Eek!

controlaltdlete Mon 08-Jun-15 08:41:36

Fingers crossed and remember you might not get an answer today.

TremoloGreen Mon 08-Jun-15 09:01:40

Good luck! We did the same this weekend. Really hope we find out today!! We are 5% under asking and that's the max we can go to, maybe £5k more if we can complete by October.... we are chain free and buying with a 50% deposit though... arrgh! Fingers crossed for both of us!!

ArgentinianMalbec Mon 08-Jun-15 09:12:03

Good luck to you too tremolo! Got everything crossed!

TremoloGreen Mon 08-Jun-15 11:22:20

Ugh. So EA just called, they had a couple of other offers, apparently all in the same ballpark, so we just need to put our best offer forwards. We have said we can up by £5k if they can complete by October (there is no onward chain so should be possible) as we would then get our early repayment fees back from our mortgage provider - we have 6 months to port from our sale in April.

They will put all the offers to the vendor this afternoon, so may hear this evening or tomorrow.

shovetheholly Mon 08-Jun-15 11:26:13

Good luck!

scarlets Mon 08-Jun-15 13:07:40

Best of luck.

beardeddragon174 Mon 08-Jun-15 15:58:42

Fingers crossed for you!!

ArgentinianMalbec Mon 08-Jun-15 19:13:26

Tremolo ours has gone to best and final offers too. sad We are already going in £7K over asking price but I want to put another 3 in to ensure we get it. DP doesn't agree. Argh! We find out after lunch time tomorrow. When do you find out?

ArgentinianMalbec Mon 08-Jun-15 19:14:27

Sorry - missed the bit where you said tonight or tomorrow. Got everything crossed!!!

TremoloGreen Mon 08-Jun-15 19:51:02

We didn't get ours. Asking price was £425k, we offered £420k but someone got it for a 'substantially higher price", so it must have been over asking by a bit. Gutted really, as there is absolutely nothing else coming on that is suitable. We may have to give up on buying a long-term house and either get another 5-year house, or just compromise massively on space or primary schools.

I really hope it's better news for you! Not long now! Will keep my fingers crossed for you.

ArgentinianMalbec Mon 08-Jun-15 20:02:57

Ah crap. It's vicious out there isn't it, seems to be that the good ones get snapped up straight away and people are fighting over them. Hope you find the right one soon. I'll let you know what happens tomorrow! I am going to try and not get my hopes up!

EarSlaps Mon 08-Jun-15 20:13:35

Good luck!

Things are going for over asking price here too- we missed out on a house we wanted even though we offered £26,000 over asking price shock.

Luckily ours sold for over asking price and the house we had an offer accepted on we got for just under asking price (only £5k off but still better than over!).

It is just going crazy out there and there are lots of older couples buying with cash, how are those of us who need to sell and need mortgages supposed to compete?

notagenius8 Mon 08-Jun-15 20:26:18

To alllthe posters reporting an overheated market, are you all in London? Could you share which part? We are looking also so just want to understand the market, we are looking in se London (near lewisham)

Thanks!

ArgentinianMalbec Mon 08-Jun-15 20:28:57

It's madness - this is the second offer we have put in, the first one we offered was declined (expected) and then we didn't offer more as we were concerned about the area. The price bracket we are looking in (£300-£350K) is so popular in our area so we are in for a fight. Wish DP would let me up our best offer to £335! That would be £10K over. Surely it can't go for more than that! shock

ArgentinianMalbec Mon 08-Jun-15 20:29:37

Not - I'm not in London but not far - Hertfordshire.

notagenius8 Mon 08-Jun-15 20:33:30

Argentinian sorry to hear about your struggle, sometimes it may be better to wait till these crazy summer months are over, and the families are done with their buying and selling, less competition, less confident sellers...around nov to feb

EarSlaps Mon 08-Jun-15 20:35:18

We're not London either, we're in Bristol.

Shadow1986 Mon 08-Jun-15 20:41:17

We bought last year. Our offer was £5k over asking price and we offered £15k in cash which swung it for us. So basically we paid £20k over asking price. But 6 months later the house is worth more than that so really do try and go for the maximum you can afford even if it's a lot over asking as chances are it will be worth that 6 months down the line anyway! Good luck. House buying is so hard. Too many people and not enough houses!

TremoloGreen Mon 08-Jun-15 21:46:27

Malbec, we're in Herts too! Hitchin and surrounding villages. We've been trying to buy a place since last Nov but had problems with vendors pulling out and chains collapsing. We're going to see one next Saturday, perfect location but a wee bit small. They won't let me see it before the open day, so I'm guessing that will go for some nuts price over asking too.

The EA from the weekend did feel a bit sorry for us and said they had just valued another one on the same road. Can only hope if that comes up that it won't go for the same price that we can't afford!

ArgentinianMalbec Mon 08-Jun-15 21:48:55

Tremolo - we are Hertford / Ware but looking also in Hoddesdon grin <waves>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now