Advanced search

How to fill a gap in boundary?

(8 Posts)
ipadmad Sun 07-Jun-15 16:53:00

My house is on a corner and there is a gap between the boundary fence and hedge where there is a manhole cover. I can't put anything permanent there in case access to the manhole is required but would like something there to fill in the gap, for security reasons if nothing else.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

trickyex Sun 07-Jun-15 17:02:56

How about a willow hurdle fastened to the fence?

ipadmad Sun 07-Jun-15 17:11:34

Thanks but think the hurdles are too big. The gap is only about two ft wide and height of 4 ft.

wowfudge Sun 07-Jun-15 18:00:58

Some sort of large shrub in a pot?

nevertoomuch Sun 07-Jun-15 21:55:55

A gate with lock? Put a concrete post at other side of the man hole cover and fix gate between?

bilbodog Sun 07-Jun-15 22:27:44

I would put an evergreen shrub in a pot

ipadmad Mon 08-Jun-15 09:49:33

Thanks. Am thinking a pot may be the way to go

oddfodd Mon 08-Jun-15 09:51:35

My parents have this - they have a holly hedge either side and then a holly bush in a pot over the manhole cover. You can barely see the gap smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now