Talk

Advanced search

Eyelet curtains- with too widely spaced eyelets!

(4 Posts)
Draylon Sat 06-Jun-15 19:49:58

Anyone else finding this? I bought some admittedly good value eyelet curtains from Argos but the prob is the, again admittedly 'older' wooden pole arrangement I've put them on means the folds of the curtains are too deep for the space available so they are all a bit crammed up when they're open.

I think the solution is tape, not eyelet curtains, hanging on rings on the pole, isn't it? But it's a pity that although 'they' go to great lengths to make sure you get the right length poles, the correct width of curtain for 'fullness'- but omit the fold depth in the open position!

CointreauVersial Sat 06-Jun-15 23:22:36

Is your curtain pole too close to the wall (so the curtain folds get all squashed)? If so, maybe put a slice of wood under each of the pole brackets so it is further away from the wall.

Or have I misunderstood the problem?

Draylon Sun 07-Jun-15 08:18:37

No, that is entirely the issue!

The problem is that the brackets come with a screwed in shank of a given length. If I make the brackets longer, less of the shank is in the wall, so the pole becomes less able to carry much weight.

Not sure how to overcome that!

CointreauVersial Sun 07-Jun-15 12:13:43

Well, you just use long screws/wallplugs to attach the blocks of wood firmly to the walls (taking care that the screws you use are not in the same position as the screws from the brackets would go, IYSWIM).

The screws from the brackets won't go far into the wall, but will have additional support from the wood which is fixed strongly to the wall.

Not sure if I'm explaining myself well.... but it should work.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now