Talk

Advanced search

Quote for plans, does this seem reasonable?

(9 Posts)
mshomefries Wed 03-Jun-15 12:42:14

I've been quoted a total of £425 for plans and calculations for removing an internal wall between the kitchen and dining room and creating doorway under stairs for WC.

Quote includes:
Survey (walkround to take measurements)
Structural drawing work
Printing of drawings
Admin for submitting application for building warrant
Dealing with any building control queries
Location plan fee
Structural engineers calculation and SER certificate
Local authority building warrant application fee.

Does this seem reasonable? I live in west of Scotland if that makes any difference.

Thanks.

123rd Wed 03-Jun-15 14:43:45

I think that sounds fair. We are not in Scotland so some of your things don't apply but doesn't sound off

mshomefries Wed 03-Jun-15 18:21:23

Thanks, I have no idea but he was recommended so wasn't going to get another quote

FantasticMrsFoxx Wed 03-Jun-15 19:39:03

Sounds very good to me!! We've been more than that just for drawings with the SE calculations and BW application fee on top!

QuiteLikely5 Wed 03-Jun-15 19:40:51

I think that's quite reasonable! My local council charges £100 for the warrant alone

mshomefries Wed 03-Jun-15 21:10:43

Thanks, we will go with him then.

vienaa Fri 05-Jun-15 10:45:43

That sounds good, our was £595 just for the SE report and that is with a steal beam between kitchen and dinning room/family room and 4 beams and wind posts for the new side extension also for 2 velux windows.. We had to pay building regulations on top of that..

beansagain Fri 05-Jun-15 12:01:02

Sounds like good value (but I'm in the SE).

Finola1step Fri 05-Jun-15 12:03:07

Sounds about right.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now