Talk

Advanced search

driveway - how much

(6 Posts)
bruffin Sun 17-May-15 20:55:56

We want to pave over front garden so suitable to be driven on by two cars. Have a tarred drive in front of garage but want to block pave the whole garden which 11m by 8m.

OliviaBenson Sun 17-May-15 20:59:35

Can't answer how much, but just thought I should say that if you plan to pave the whole garden, you are likely to need planning permission to do so.

caroldecker Sun 17-May-15 21:53:53

Make sure they properly clear the ground before hand - I have seen numbers of similar drives ruined by weed/grass growth.

specific planning rules here

bruffin Sun 17-May-15 22:07:11

We dont need planning permission from what i can gather as long as there is drainage.

SquidgyMaltLoaf Sun 17-May-15 23:05:06

Our quote for block paving our drive (approx same area as yours I think) was around £5k. We are getting it gravelled as it's half the cost and is good from a security point of view.

bruffin Mon 18-May-15 13:51:11

Thanks Squidgy
We were expecting about £6k but we did get a quote yesterday for £9 and didn't like him as he turned up 1.5 hours early and dh wasn't home and he really wasn't interested in doing anything other than measuring up, so wont be usually home.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now