Talk

Advanced search

Roof/Sky Lantern Blinds

(6 Posts)
DefinedByMyMagic Mon 04-May-15 09:52:23

Hi,

We're having an extension done with 2 roof lanterns installed.

Does anyone have any idea how much a blind like this one www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXRMyrDGlow costs?

None of the websites that I've found them on display a price so I'm guessing they're mega £££££s

If anyone has a sky lantern without a blind, does it ever get too hot or the glare too much? We'll have the sun on the roof most of the day until the eve.

TIA.

DefinedByMyMagic Wed 06-May-15 11:24:27

Anyone?

Mightbesherlock Wed 06-May-15 15:19:13

Hi
I used to work for HILLARYS Blinds and I'd recommend a pleated blind
The fitter/salesperson should be able to assist you

The blind is held up horizontally (across the lantern opening) by thin steel wires (invisible really) and you just use a plastic pole (supplied) to move the blinds across.

You can get plain, patterned or reflective backed types.

Good luck

tinaturner50 Wed 29-Jul-15 09:43:34

We had one fitted in December in the rear lounge, looks beautiful but loses heat very quickly. Lets in the sun and the extra light is great. Its just the heat loss over winter was alarming as we were told the double glazed thick glass would retain more than the extra lagging the ceiling had. Looking at a lantern blind too. Contacted Hillary today. Hopefully have a warmer winter.

mandy214 Wed 29-Jul-15 11:42:53

My sister has one in their extension. Also has a large expanse of bi-fold doors. Looks amazing. Or rather it did until I went a couple of months ago and it has a large blue tarpaulin over the top to stop the sun coming in because the heat is unbearable. She has installed blinds on the bi-fold doors and she is about to install air conditioning. She has also had to replace the rather expensive dining room furniture which has been damaged by the constant sun light.

Grotbags999 Sun 09-Apr-17 13:09:12

Hi Tia, just wondered if you had the Hillary blinds fitted and how you found the rooflight ? Have the blinds done the job well ? Too hot or pretty good ? We're close to ordering one and would appreciate your feedback? Thanks

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: