Talk

Advanced search

Lulworth blue vs Borrowed Light or alternative

(5 Posts)
SunnyUpNorth Mon 16-Feb-15 12:12:15

I am decorating my two year old son's bedroom and can't decide between lulworth blue or borrowed light. I really like lulworth blue but wondered if it might be a bit much for a whole room.

I also like borrowed light but wondered if it might be too wishy washy....I'm very indecisive about these things!

I have considered doing 3 walls in borrowed light and one in lulworth blue but it would mean buying two tins of paint so would be a bit more expensive.

I am more than happy to consider other brands of anyone can suggest an alternative I just don't want to be spending a fortune on lots of different tester pots.

Just looking at the F&B chart again and skylight looks nice but I haven't got a tester for that.

Any opinions/suggestions?

filigree2015 Mon 16-Feb-15 13:34:28

Little Greene have some lovely blues - have a look at Gentle Sky because that might fit with what you're looking for. Or Brighton, although Brighton is more greeny-blue.

SunnyUpNorth Mon 16-Feb-15 21:56:42

Thanks filigree, I've just looked at them both on my LG paint chart and remembered why I don't look at it anymore - too many nice choices!! They are both gorgeous it yes probably a little on the green/bright side, I'm probably going more muted.

Need to make a decision quickly and always end up just going with F&B as I feel what you see is what you get with regard to the colour chart. I've spent sooooo much on dulux samples in the past trying to find colours which come out as I'm hoping.

Anyone else used lulworth blue?!!!

ThunderboltKid Tue 17-Feb-15 07:23:13

Definitely skylight or borrowed light over lulworth blue. We almost made that mistake and lulworth blue is too much for a whole room.

Then we did the chimney breast as lulworth blue and the rest skylight, but they don't actually go together very well!

SunnyUpNorth Tue 17-Feb-15 14:57:02

Oh no just seen this and I ordered lulworth blue last night as homebase had 15% off til the end of last night!!!

Might see if I can exchange it for borrowed light. Thanks!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: