Talk

Advanced search

Pergo Laminate

(9 Posts)
SunflowerLV Sat 14-Feb-15 22:43:22

Hi,

I am thinking of laying Pergo laminate in my home. Does anyone have any good/bad experiences of this product that they could share? Just wondering how durable the product is or whether I should stick to engineered wood instead.

Thanks!

Rosings25 Mon 16-Feb-15 00:12:17

This is also on my decision list.. mind you so is almost everything else. We will have wet underfloor heating and the flooring will be for all dry areas. I wonder if laminate will be noisy in comparison to engineered wood.

BlackHeadedGull Mon 16-Feb-15 18:43:01

We have it throughout our downstairs, it's been down for 6 years with two children and still looks like new. I would definitely recommend.

bluevanman Mon 16-Feb-15 18:52:33

Pergo is a premium brand, you won't have a problem with it (as long as you don't have a problem with laminate!)
Get it an approved installer to put it down and I believe they offer a lifetime warranty

BlackHeadedGull Mon 16-Feb-15 21:27:20

We've actually been surprised at how "unlaminatey" ours looks and lots of people have assumed that it's wood. We went with it as we don't plan to stay in our house forever, so wanted a slightly cheaper option than wood, but now would consider having it in any future house that we buy.

trice Mon 16-Feb-15 21:32:42

We had it for ten years in our old kitchen. It still looked good when we moved. We went for wood in new house, which is dented and scratched after five years.

MoonlightandRoses Mon 16-Feb-15 21:54:35

Good experience here too, so far only down a year and a bit though - ours didn't cost much less than the solid oak I was looking at mind you, so I'd expect it to wear well.

SunflowerLV Mon 16-Feb-15 21:58:44

Thank you for all replies!
I am really pleased to hear you had good experiences of Pergo.

Where did you purchase your flooring from? Online or in a shop? Would you recommend them (if you can still remember)?

Bluevanman - thanks, I hadn't thought of using an approved installer. I will look into it.

BlackHeadedGull Tue 17-Feb-15 16:01:09

We bought ours in and had it fitted by a local shop.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: