Advanced search

stopping water from under the kitchen sink

(9 Posts)
ghostspirit Fri 13-Feb-15 22:44:24

normally i can never turn of my water. if im fitting a dishwasher.washing machine i let the water piss everywhere and put the hose on as fast as i can. this time i managed to turn the water of. so i fitted new dishwasher without water all over the place... turned the water back on, i have cold water in my kitchen tap. but there is no water running in my cold tap in the bathroom and its also effecting my washing machine. if i try and turn the stop valve. it just pisses out with water. there are electric plugs under my sink. and it shits me up a bit. but also i cant afford to call someone out. all i did was turn the stop valve. i have tried to show a pic.

PigletJohn Fri 13-Feb-15 23:09:59

have you got a stop cock in the garden? Or in the pavement? Or where the pipe comes up through the floor?

Is that pipe black plastic?

Did you fit the Tee yourself? What size is it?

"if i try and turn the stop valve. it just pisses out with water" where does this water come out?

ghostspirit Fri 13-Feb-15 23:15:07

that yellow bit is copper/metal. then that nut looking bit is what i turn. and then it pisses with water where the white plastic connection is. i dont know where i have a stop clock :/

buy the tee do you mean the bit where is splits for dishwasher/washing machine. if so ex connected that a while back its always been ok. until i turned the valve

ghostspirit Fri 13-Feb-15 23:19:04

sorry misread. there is no black plastic. its copper pipe. but old i guess

PigletJohn Fri 13-Feb-15 23:49:13

I am going to guess that the white plastic branch goes to your dishwasher. Did you fit, or move the white plastic?

You don't have to use the words "piss" and "shit" to me.

PigletJohn Fri 13-Feb-15 23:54:18

look for a stop cock like this in one of the places I mentioned. If you have a water meter there may be a plastic T handle that can be screwed down to turn off the water. Stopcocks always have a T handle. If underground they usually have a small iron lid you can lift up.

There is a chance you have a service valve like this but it will not be underground, it will be a recent addition.

roneik Sat 14-Feb-15 20:38:25

From looking at the picture I would say your ex has removed the stopcock and fitted that tee in its place to avoid making a separate junction to serve your appliances. In a word it looks like a amateur setup. That looks like an isolator the dishwasher is connected to, and some only let water pass one way usually. If you look closely there will be an arrow stamped on the body of it indicating flow direction.

roneik Sat 14-Feb-15 20:41:05

Also there must be a stopcock ,as he would have had to turn water off to fit the tee piece

ghostspirit Sat 14-Feb-15 21:35:27

thanks he defo did not remove anything he only added the white plastic tubing bits... yes he had managed to turn the water of. but when i contacted him to ask how. he cant remember. so when i had fitted new things i just let the water flood the kitchen whilst i connected the hose to the machine. as i said i found i could stop the water by turning the small nut bit in between the yellow looking bit and the white plastic. i used pliers to do it and i think i have messed it up. i have had to leave it in the blocked position if i dont water gos everywhere. its now looks like i have damaged the valve as its sort of squirting out as if it has a pin hole. anyway somone is coming to look tomorrow. fingers crossed it can be sorted.... thanks though

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: