Talk

Advanced search

Any wallpaper and painting tips?

(3 Posts)
poppyseedbagel Fri 13-Feb-15 20:08:17

I am trying to convince the DH that we need a bit of TLC in our flat. We moved in 4 years ago, it is a new build and we have only done minimal decor in this time. All the walls need a fresh coat of paint and I am dying to have a feature wall in the bedroom and living room.

Dh is very much- oh we can't afford it, let's just leave it for another time etc.

I am thinking that DIY won't be that expensive. I will be able to borrow all the tools, rollers, paint brushes etc from Dmum so will only need to buy the wall paper, paste and paint.

Any tips for diy? I have painted walls before, but never the entire flat (2 bedrooms, living room, 2 bathrooms) and will be a complete beginner to wallpapering. ANy help will be appreciated!

wowfudge Fri 13-Feb-15 20:23:48

Watch a few YouTube videos for tips - check the order of work for example, cutting in techniques, etc. and if you know someone who is experienced at wallpapering, get them to give you a lesson perhaps.

Preparation seems to take longer than painting a lot of the time but it's worth doing it well as you'll get better results.

poppyseedbagel Fri 13-Feb-15 20:38:22

Ah I never even thought of checking out youtube! Thanks so much.
I think the walls are in pretty good nick as it's still quite a new build. Just think they'll need a clean before painting to get rid of any dust.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: