Advanced search

Raynes Park or somewhere else????

(3 Posts)
deagle82 Tue 10-Feb-15 12:00:57

Hi all,

I am new to the site so a big hello to all.

I hope you can help with my dilema. We are currently looking to buy our first home. We are looking for a house/apartment that we will live in for about 2 years and after that, we would hope to rent it out. We have found a lovely apartment in Raynes Park, however, I do not know the area at all and the walk to the station goes under the A3, which on a late evening, I wonder about how safe it is.
I would love to know what experiences people have of Raynes Park and what things there are to do around there? We have a budget of about 330k so any other "newlywed/new family" areas that you could recommend would be really good. We are hoping to start a family very soon so taking this into account would also help.

Innocuoususername Tue 10-Feb-15 23:08:28

It's been a while since I frequented that area, but if you have to go under the A3 that's not Raynes Park, it's New Malden surely?

I'd say the area is quite safe, but there are a lot of industrial units and playing fields around the A3 so I guess it would quite isolated at night.

Tbh if you like the area I'd be looking for something nearer Raynes Park town centre (such as it is), though with that budget I'm not sure you'd get much the Wimbledon side.

Other areas? Maybe New Malden or Motspur Park? The issue with both though is going to be available housing stock vs budget, it's generally 1930s semis rather than flats, but not for 330k. Back towards Raynes Park is Wimbledon Chase, there are more maisonettes etc there so that might be more fruitful.

thepiggotupandslowlywalkedaway Wed 11-Feb-15 20:42:49

I'll chip in as I live nearby(ish). I would say that Raynes Park is generally pretty safe. I'm trying to think which routes would take you under the A3, so it's possible that I don't know the exact bit you're looking at, and can't say exactly what that corner is like. It's quite busy round there, is the only

Motspur Park is pretty nice - lots of families around there and six trains an hour to Waterloo. Mostly terraced houses.

Got to go (crying babies) but will have another think if I can come up with anything else.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now