Talk

Advanced search

Velux windows - are electric blind and rain sensor fad or fab?

(4 Posts)
Chchchchanging Sat 07-Feb-15 19:59:13

Because the price difference is huge
I didn't event know of such things until our builder asked us
Extension with full height roof, so would've stick to close otherwise
Bout &500 per window extra! shock And I have 2
We have already had several self upgrades and struggle to justify/ afford it but don't want retrospective daily annoyance of not being able to open windows!
Fwiw I assumed they'd be light not air based windows lol

PigletJohn Sat 07-Feb-15 20:16:47

the electric blind is useful if you need to black-out the room below. We have them in my commercial premises, the blinds are operated by a remote-control blipper. I don't remember them ever being opened. We also have one over a stairwell with a pull cord to open, shut and lock it, but it seems to be jammed. The cord looks rather untidy.

If you left one open in rain your room would get quite wet.

Marmitelover55 Sat 07-Feb-15 20:27:34

We have a special stick thing to open our velux windows in our new extension and it was quite cheap on amazon. We have a reasonably high pitched roof and it works fine. We don't have blinds as it's a kitchen/diner and I don't see the need.

MrsHerculePoirot Sat 07-Feb-15 20:41:03

We have the rain sensors and electric blinds and I absolutely LOVE them! They were quite expensive, but I think worth it. We didn't go for black our blinds though as don't need to black out room which made it slightly cheaper. The rain sensors have already been useful, as has the auto close function on the remote. We've had them just over a year now and I would definitely get them again.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: