Talk

Advanced search

En-suite with no window - heat

(8 Posts)
LovingTheSunshine Fri 06-Feb-15 22:40:08

Hi
Currently thinking about putting an en-suite into our bedroom. It would juts be big enough to fit a shower to one side, toilet to the other & small sink opposite the door. However, it will not have a window as it will be placed on inside walls. I hate heat & have told DH that in summer he may have to have showers in the family bathroom because I don't want hot steam coming into the bedroom. He thinks I'm nuts & says a good extractor fan should get rid of the steam/heat. I've never heard of this. Have you?

wowfudge Fri 06-Feb-15 23:32:11

Yes. He's right. Close the bathroom door, leave the extractor on for ten mins. Steam gone and no condensation/damp issues.

PigletJohn Sat 07-Feb-15 08:43:48

A ducted inline fan can typically shift 240 cu.m/hr, which is three times as much as a typical cheap builders fan, and is also quieter. Be sure to look at the spec of the fan you are getting.

LadyCurd Sat 07-Feb-15 09:15:43

Thinking same thing although toying with adding one of those sun tunnels for natural light. Piglet john is there a fan brand you recommend?

LadyCurd Sat 07-Feb-15 09:16:14

Forgot to add obvs sun tunnel won't give ventilation!

noddyholder Sat 07-Feb-15 09:20:41

Some sun pipes do

PigletJohn Sat 07-Feb-15 09:44:14

A Vent-Axia like this has a good reputation. For some reason Xpelair do not seem as good.

Manrose have a similar one at much lower price.

Always look at the extract rate, because there are also some small weedy fans.

LovingTheSunshine Sat 07-Feb-15 11:44:01

That's great news! For some reason I thought extractor fans were for smells only. LOL. Thank everyone smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: