Advanced search

Lime green playroom ?

(47 Posts)
Nocturne123 Wed 04-Feb-15 09:49:39

I'm a thinking of painting a wall in my playroom lime green . I think it could be either really nice or god awful.

Has anyone found any nice shades that they could share?

antimatter Wed 04-Feb-15 09:51:20

my son choosen green for his bedroom - very uplifting, but not lime green as such

WhistlingPot Wed 04-Feb-15 09:53:45

Think it would be lovely. We've just chosen a lime green and a blue to go in our boys' room. Bought the paint but not done it yet though so can't advise on outcome! Got lots of inspiration from pinterest, and think it can look great.

StayGoldPonyBoy Wed 04-Feb-15 09:56:33

I have a lime green chevron feature wall in my kitchen, we have monochrome fittings and bright, multi coloured utensils and it's DHs favourite colour. I've done it myself with tape, it was really easy actually, and my theory is if we get sick of it, we pick a different colour to go over the chevron stripes.

DeanKoontz Wed 04-Feb-15 09:56:58

My daughters bedroom, which was also the playroom (as ds's room was so small), was Dulux Lime Zest 3. The ceiling and all woodwork were bright white. It was a large sunny room and looked great. It was a great backdrop for all the primary colours that their toys tended to be.

Looked terrible with pink stuff though, so when she got into that at about 5/6, I repainted it a very pale blue. We've moved now, and they both have their own rooms, so no need for a playroom. Their rooms are both painted F&B Borrowed Light, which goes with everything. It looks pale blue in dd's room and more of a soft grey in ds's. I'm thinking of painting the whole house in it.

curiousgeorgie Wed 04-Feb-15 10:01:49

My playroom is a sage green, it looks great...

I think lime is a bit crazy wink

Nocturne123 Wed 04-Feb-15 10:13:04

Great everyone thanks smile I don't mind a bit of crazy in the playroom . If it's vile I guess I can always paint over it.

Anything will be better than the stained cream walls the previous owners left smile

ChippingInGluggingOn Wed 04-Feb-15 10:16:21

Lime green & white are fabulous!

I wanted to do the bathroom all white with a lime green tile stripe 'through' the bath, but decided that as we'll probably be renting/selling it, that it wasn't a great idea.

Paint...go for it!

Nocturne123 Wed 04-Feb-15 10:19:16

I think I will I can only imagine how therapeutic painting lime green onto a dirty cream wall will be smile

Nocturne123 Wed 04-Feb-15 10:20:11

Chipping that bathroom idea sounds fab !

atticusclaw Wed 04-Feb-15 10:22:59

Ours is more an apple green but is lovely. Go for it.

TheUnwillingNarcheska Wed 04-Feb-15 10:34:01

I've used it in both my son's bedrooms, and not as a feature wall but all walls. I used Kiwi Burst 3 by Dulux.

It was used to match a colour in a duvet cover (Next dinosaurs from a few years ago) and I love it. Ds1 has it as a base colour still in his room, so it's on 3 walls and then I striped the 4th wall with bright orange, light blue and another green. Again I've taken colours from his duvet cover.

Go for it, it looks like a nuclear explosion at first but once we added furniture and curtains it calmed down grin

WhistlingPot Wed 04-Feb-15 10:39:21

Agree you might want to break it up a bit with something else and bring some white in, and think about furniture colour too!

CheeseBadger Wed 04-Feb-15 11:03:53

I just used the B&Q own brand emulsion in the nursery. "Always Greener" and white. Looks OK if I do say so myself. Not really lime green though.

ChippingInGluggingOn Wed 04-Feb-15 11:38:59

I loved it (I saw it in a show room). White tiles with a wide lime green stripe down the wall then down the front of the bath (panel fully tiled). From a distance it look like a continuous stripe.

Have you googled lime green playroom? Some very cool photos!

Nocturne123 Wed 04-Feb-15 12:19:11

I've had a look on Pinterest , some cool stuff on there too! Just so sick of all the cream walls in the house

FunMitFlags Wed 04-Feb-15 12:42:13

One of my Dcs has one wall of Kiwi Burst (Dulux) in his bedroom. Looks great. The rest of the room is a boring shade of cream.

MyCrazyLife Wed 04-Feb-15 12:44:24

I wanted a lime green wall in our playroom, but as it's rented I didn't want to risk it. Got a lime green corner sofa though smile

Lelivre Wed 04-Feb-15 12:47:07

I spent a stupid amount on testers for my living room: fired earth 'garden city' is fantastic. Only one long wall was painted it but it looked great and the room appeared bigger. Coverage is great and worth the bit extra.

Lelivre Wed 04-Feb-15 12:49:25

Nocturne123 Wed 04-Feb-15 12:50:41

Damnit I'm on my phone so can't see pics , I'll have a look later

TwistedThinking Wed 04-Feb-15 12:56:28

Crown soft lime is really fresh looking and not too garish

Nocturne123 Wed 04-Feb-15 22:25:06

I went for it , dulux luscious lime . My eyes hurt but I like it ! Thanks everyone smile

DeanKoontz Wed 04-Feb-15 22:27:35

Well done! I love a lot bit of lime.

Woodenheart Thu 05-Feb-15 06:03:14

Photo please Nocturne grin
Sounds fab

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now