Talk

Advanced search

Builders bogs

(8 Posts)
Kieron79 Mon 02-Feb-15 18:13:04

Trying to compile a list of questions that we need to ask our builder before building starts in 2 weeks.
One thing is the use of toilet, I have been told by a number of people now that it is compulsory fir them to have a porta loo, is this correct?
Personally I don't really have issue as long as they are clean and don't leave a log in the bog

Marmitelover55 Mon 02-Feb-15 18:16:10

Ours didn't have their own bog - just used our cloakroom and it was fine. I asked out builder and he said that he hasn't priced for one and that they were all house trained smile

RaisingSteam Mon 02-Feb-15 19:17:30

You can ask them to. In our case they ripped out the downstairs loo and would have had to traipse upstairs in the non-building part of the house, so they preferred to have a portaloo than have to be constantly taking boots off etc. But if there's a loo accessible to them it shouldn't be a problem.

AryaUnderfoot Mon 02-Feb-15 19:48:01

Ours used the downstairs loo. Our architect asked when we put together the spec if we wanted the builders to have a portaloo, but we weren't bothered.

Apart from the fact that they continually left the seat up, there wasn't a problem.

thereinmadnesslies Mon 02-Feb-15 19:52:23

We let builders use our loo - never again!! They seemed to all need a no2 in the morning, one after the other, and the smell was utterly disgusting. They frequently left the bowl smeared in poo, and it was really embarrassing having to ask them to clean up after themselves. If we did another build we would insist on a portaloo.

Marmitelover55 Mon 02-Feb-15 20:04:49

Sounds like it depends on the builders. Ours were very clean and used lots and I mean lots of Toilet Duck grin

Madcats Mon 02-Feb-15 21:43:12

Just observing from a 5 month extension demolish and rebuild, builders seemingly need to poo at about 7:45-10am (I swear some used to arrive earlier to have more than a few minutes of contemplation in the portaloo). Talk to the neighbours, too, if you live in a city.

lemisscared Mon 02-Feb-15 21:46:01

id rather let them use my toilet than have to pay for a portaloo. however if they cannot access this or it will be out of commission then i think they are a requirement.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: