Advanced search

Tumble dryer over a carpet- Anyone else done this?

(5 Posts)
mumznet Sat 31-Jan-15 23:20:55

Brought a new condenser tumble dryer. the only thing is i have a carpet so I placed a piece of lino over the carpet and then put the tumble dryer over it. Just worried if this is ok? I'm loving the dry and warm clothes grin no more wet laundry!!

wowfudge Sun 01-Feb-15 00:12:05

What is your concern about the floor? As long as the td is level I'm sure it will be fine.

Clearlymisunderstood Sun 01-Feb-15 01:32:13

In our old flat we had to have the dryer in our bedroom as no room in the kitchen. I didn't even consider the carpet would be a problem and it was there for about 18 months before we moved and could put it in our kitchen. Never caused an issue and the carpet was fine too

mumznet Sun 01-Feb-15 12:45:47

Thanks guys. My concern was whether it would interrupt the tumble dryer working properly and if it is a fire risk. But it seems it should be fine. The carpet is old so not concerned about the carpet.
Cheers X

Wellieswithaholein Sun 01-Feb-15 14:10:53

If you are worried ring your local fire service, they will advise and put up smoke alarms etc- completely free.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now