Talk

Advanced search

roof question

(5 Posts)
Clarinet9 Fri 30-Jan-15 14:36:17

OK Mum's house just wondering what is likely to happen.
She has an area of damp on bedroom ceiling builder has looked and it is the seals on tiles crossing the join between the two houses.

Any idea how this works, does she pay for it all? is it split between both equally with her paying for plaster in her room

something else?

thanks
I know doing anything with the neighbours will be difficult but would be good to be able to say something to her

Clarinet9 Sat 31-Jan-15 12:47:29

Just bumping this please in case anyone has any experience of this.
thanks

superram Sat 31-Jan-15 14:04:10

I would ask the neighbours to split the cost. However, if their side is not leaking they may be reluctant to do so. She will have to pay to make good her internal space. If she wants it done she might just have to suck it up. I have found my neighbours to be fine until money is mentioned.....

whattodoforthebest2 Sat 31-Jan-15 14:09:08

It is likely that they're experiencing the same problem and the fact that you are addressing it may help them, or they may not be able to afford to get the work done. It's worth speaking to them to see where they stand, hopefully they'll see it as preventing (further) damage to the decor in their house.

allweatherroofing Sat 31-Jan-15 21:50:24

Get another opinion before you do anything, I would suggest getting 3 quotes from roofers (not builders). In the meantime speak with your neighbour to see if they are experiencing the same problem

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: