Talk

Advanced search

Can I jet wash a wet room?

(6 Posts)
Tyzer85 Wed 28-Jan-15 19:37:35

This is a potentially stupid question but can you jet wash a wet room? Obviously there's no electrics in there (apart from the shower) but I don't know if the flooring or tiles etc could get damaged? It'd be used in the shower area only.

Lasvegas Thu 29-Jan-15 09:23:40

Bump - would like to know answer also. tyzer85 if you give it a go, pls post and let me kow

HocasUcas Thu 29-Jan-15 11:55:20

If you mean with a pressure washer - I wouldn't. We had a bricked patio garden and any mortar which wasn't absolutely firm , the pressure washer would remove it. I am not sure grout would be strong enough. That said , though , I have actually never tried to jet wash any part of my bathroom grin

PigletJohn Thu 29-Jan-15 12:08:03

Electrical fittings can be made in various different standards of water resistance. Bathroom fittings are not usually made to withstand a jet of water.

PigletJohn Thu 29-Jan-15 12:08:50

p.s.

Do you mean there is no electric light in there? And no extractor fan?

Tyzer85 Thu 29-Jan-15 13:45:13

PigletJohn There is a shielded light and an extractor fan in the wet room but obviously I wouldn't be aiming the jet wash in the direction of those, it's just the shower area that needs a scrub, if not I'll get on my hands and knees with a sponge.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: