Talk

Advanced search

Daft question about attaching a hose to a kitchen tap

(7 Posts)
INeedSomeHelp Wed 28-Jan-15 11:35:25

I want to clean the slabs outside my back door and was going to buy a Karcher pressure washer from their outlet site as the prices are really good.
I don't have an outside tap so would need to attach the hose to the kitchen tap. I know you can get connectors to do that for a normal hose. Does anyone know if that would work for a pressure washer too?

Juno213 Wed 28-Jan-15 12:48:26

Not sure about the pressure washer bit but b and q do a universal tap adapter for the hose. They're about £10.

MoreTeaPenguin Wed 28-Jan-15 13:41:05

We tried several adapters to attach our hose to the kitchen taps, they all sprayed water all over the kitchen. In desperation I tried using the adapter on the bathroom taps, running the hose all through the house, that just soaked the bathroom too! In the end I got a plumber to fit an outside tap because the adapters were just too messy, none of them fitted properly!

INeedSomeHelp Wed 28-Jan-15 13:44:28

That doesn't sound good MoreTeaPenguin. Do you mind me asking how much it cost to get the outside tap fitted?

mousmous Wed 28-Jan-15 14:14:26

you need an adapter that is suitable for high water pressure.
they are big ugly things that hold the adapter thing in place with a big screw. so no good if you have a fancy tap.
getting an outside one installed mighg be less faff...

cestlavielife Wed 28-Jan-15 14:31:54

I used one a bot like this www.garden4less.co.uk/hozelock-multi-tap-connector.asp?partner=fr&partner=Sh&gclid=CjwKEAiArqKmBRCOj_qfmuqinnYSJAAkAYwGLHmlMTlDsZGZ6_V7lR1lgceLHKdqaeyynmf3ZgxIXhoCMwvw_wcB as last place did not have outside tap(well it did but when they moved the kitchen they cut it off so it was no longer connected ]

FunMitFlags Wed 28-Jan-15 16:49:11

Getting an outside tap fitted is a pretty small (cheap) job and well worth IMHO.

My attempts at using a universal adaptor on a kitchen tap resulted in water everywhere. I bet a pressure washer would be 1000 times worse.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: