Talk

Advanced search

cost of installing central heating

(15 Posts)
Teabaglady Mon 26-Jan-15 15:38:09

Does anyone have an idea of the cost of installing central heating and, presumably new boiler, in a 3 bed/ 2 reception adn kitchen house that currently has no central heating at all?

Angie1978 Mon 26-Jan-15 15:42:14

We did it around 3 years ago for £3k that's with a run of the mill Eco combi boiler.

You can go more expensive for the boiler but some ranges are really expensive for parts ie Valiant/Worcester where as Baxi's are the Volvo of boilers. Parts should be available and easy to fit most of the time.

Angie1978 Mon 26-Jan-15 15:45:25

Same sized house btw !

PigletJohn Mon 26-Jan-15 16:13:41

Baxis need to have cheap repair parts because people have to buy so many of them.

SmellTheGlove Mon 26-Jan-15 16:53:35

I'm budgeting about 4.5k for installing central heating to a small 2 bedroom house, hopefully that will get me a decent combi boiler (Worcester or Vaillant) and about 5 radiators...I may be wildly out though. And I'm in London so probably need to triple it..

BrainyMess Mon 26-Jan-15 16:56:55

"Baxi's are the Volvo of boilers"

Indeed. My Baxi is 31 years old. Big, ugly and reliable!

Theveryhungrycaterpillar123 Mon 26-Jan-15 16:57:40

We paid less than £3k for a Worcester combi boiler, new thermostat, TRVs, removal of hot water tank and a couple of new radiators a couple of years ago in London. I can recommend the company we used in South London.

SmellTheGlove Mon 26-Jan-15 17:04:48

caterpillar if you could PM me the details that would be great. Trying to get recommendations but it's not easy!

maleenteringfemalefacilities Mon 26-Jan-15 17:06:04

2.5 K Euro 3 years ago. 3 bed terraced house, 6 rads and one towel rail. Can't remember the boiler name, sorry.

Kieron79 Mon 26-Jan-15 18:06:11

Hi piglet, are baxi supposed to be bad?thats what we are getting put into our extension 33 ecotec I think?
Comes with 10yr guarentee I believe?got me worried now, also on another note, we currently have bg boiler cover which we pay £20 per month for, will this be necessary after new one installed as will be covered under warranty?
Thanks

PigletJohn Mon 26-Jan-15 18:13:55

it is a budget brand. "Which" says brand reliability is poor.

If it comes with a 10 year guarantee, that's good, I expect you will get your money's worth.

most people cancel their BG cover for the duration of the guarantee (you may need repairs on controls, pipes or radiators, though, but a plumber can do that, you don't need to pay boiler engineer rates)

Kieron79 Mon 26-Jan-15 18:15:59

Cheers piglet

katcatkat Mon 26-Jan-15 19:41:49

We have just had 8.5k quoted for ours new boiler (wocester or valiant) and 12 radiators plus all pipework replaced (3 storey 4 bed town house in south east).

summersoft Mon 26-Jan-15 20:00:52

With the ten year warranty you still have to pay to get the boiler serviced or it voids the warranty. The manufacture won't come and service the boiler. As always, check the small print.

Jellytussle Mon 26-Jan-15 22:16:43

We paid £4500 to have our entire central heating replaced last year. That was for a new Ideal Logic+ combi boiler, seven new radiators, heated towel rail and new pipework throughout. We're in the South East.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: