Talk

Advanced search

bathroom tiles - bumpy or large white rectangular?

(12 Posts)
welshrarebitontheside Thu 22-Jan-15 10:18:38

Bathroom currently getting fitted. Black sparkly wetwalls around bath and on one and a bit walls. Black sparkly granite on floor. Remaining walls to be tiled in brick effect with either large rectangular (60x30) tiles, or smaller (approx 45x30 ISH ) bumpy tiles. The sparkly floor tiles are 30x30 so the large white rectangles will look more uniformed and less to clean. But I do love the bumpiness HELP!

welshrarebitontheside Thu 22-Jan-15 11:19:38

How it looks now. Am going to go buy the bumpies too maybe and take 1 set back. Anyone? Total decision paralysis!

DreamingOfAHotDrink Thu 22-Jan-15 11:22:17

I like that.

welshrarebitontheside Thu 22-Jan-15 11:31:01

Bathroom so far! Maybe should get both tiles and compare and take one set back. ..

shovetheholly Thu 22-Jan-15 11:42:50

A big fat NO to bumpiness from me.

Cleaning will be a nightmare!

welshrarebitontheside Thu 22-Jan-15 11:51:45

Thank you! The bumpies are big but as the glossy flat rectangular ones are massive the cleaning will be less indeed.

shovetheholly Thu 22-Jan-15 12:34:46

I like big tiles from a cleaning perspective. There are fewer grout lines for dust etc. to get caught in.

I recently bought a tile cleaner attachment for a Leifheit mop that I have and did my bathroom which has high ceilings with smooth floor-to-ceiling tiles. Even though the tiles look clean and are regularly wiped down, the water running off from those at the top was black! It was mainly from dust caught in the grout lines which the mop was dragging out. It is absolutely sparkling now, and I'm doing it every week to keep it that way.

Bumps will catch dust in the same way, not to mention grease and grime. Your very glamorous dark colour will probably hide it a bit, but you can still tell (if you know what I mean) when tiles just aren't clean.

Lalalalandlord Thu 22-Jan-15 12:37:46

I think bumpy is a bit too much with glittery as well, would go plain large rectangular for the rest, I wouldn't do brick effect either as a feature but line up as the walls you have done are a feature enough in themselves - they look great

CrapBag Fri 23-Jan-15 11:33:42

We have bumpy tiles and the wipe easily like any other flat tiles. The bumping so is very subtle.

Loving the sparkly granite!

I would go smooth with that bathroom though and not brick effect.

Deux Fri 23-Jan-15 18:52:16

I like your wet walls. What is the brand? Shower needs to be redone this year.

Deux Fri 23-Jan-15 18:52:50

Oh and no to bumpy. I think you run the risk of getting fed up with them after a while.

FunMitFlags Fri 23-Jan-15 19:46:47

Bumpy tiles are dirt magnets and a bugger to clean.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: