Advanced search

Ikea kitchen help! Yet another thread

(6 Posts)
Blackeyez09 Tue 20-Jan-15 08:44:52

Hi guys
Looking for some advice hoping to change my 9 year old ikea kitchen I inherited on a budget. It's not my forever home due to location though as it's in a city I may rent out when I need to move so need something inexpensive but nice!

Things I really want...

I really want the deep Belfast sink look is this possible with ikea units? I know they have this inset Belfast style sink that I currently have but I want this style

Oak worktops or as durable wood as possible to get that farmhouse look I don't think I'll be able to afford granite though I'm sure it will be more durable so possibly could stretch.

A larder unit type thing with pull out draws.

Space for the range cooker, fridge dishwasher and washing machine as don't have a utility.

I'm after a white shaker style like the Ikea Bodbyn or Laxarby with antique style cup handles, kitchen painted greige tone. I would keep existing wall tiling, floors, electrical points and plumbing, layout. I woukd love metro tiles but I know this is where it's starts getting expensive

Is this doable on budget of 3-4 K plus fitting? With ikea... I would love unfitted style/painted

Blackeyez09 Tue 20-Jan-15 08:45:46

Above is my current kitchen

limesoda Tue 20-Jan-15 09:41:00

You can get Belfast sinks in Ikea that aren't inset, like this one

I don't think they are as deep as 'normal' belfast sinks, but if you are doing an Ikea kitchen I'm sure there is a base unit to match.

In our last house we had a slightly biiger kitchen that that, with an integrated dishwasher, larder cupboard, solid wood worktops, Belfast sink, cup handles and it came in at a shade over �4k with a local kitchen company, including fitting, so I'm sure its doable on your budget. I got metro style tiles in the B&Q sale and they looked good. Not quite as good as fired earth or whatever, but pretty good. Teaching myself how to actually do the tiling was what saved the money there I reckon.

strongandlong Tue 20-Jan-15 11:18:48

Are you happy with the current layout? What condition are your current units in?

If they're OK, you could:
-paint the doors and add new handles (or replace the doors)
-replace the tall unit between the cooker and fridge with a pull out cupboard

For a fairly minimal cost...

Blackeyez09 Tue 20-Jan-15 13:29:04

Thanks for your replies
I'm ok with the tiling both floor and wall but would like to change the colour so repaint.... Love grey shades
It's the units that are terrible the plastic covers are peeling and I hate them really want this look

Blackeyez09 Tue 20-Jan-15 20:02:11

Gentle bump for the evening crew

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now