Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone have a Howdens kitchen in "burford stone"?

(15 Posts)
wotlarks Sat 17-Jan-15 06:46:09

If so, could I ask what colour walls you've gone for? We are struggling to get something to match/complement the pale grey colour of the units. We've pretty much decided on a black mirror chip quartz worktop and oak engineered wood flooring. With the walls we would like a bit of colour in the room (new kitchen/diner) as the rest of the house is very beige or neutral. Any advice would be appreciated!

Tillytina1234 Fri 11-Dec-15 12:19:44

Love to see picture of your burford stone when fitted might get the same

Tillytina1234 Tue 15-Dec-15 16:48:33

Got Quartz Mont Blanc snow worktop looks amazing with it

monique221011 Sat 30-Jan-16 17:27:55

Hi there, having the Burford stone fitted this march/april was just ondering where you got your work top from and do you have a pic finding it very difficult to decide on a work top. Our kitchen is north facing so not much light and think black will look too dark and cold but worried about having solid oak. Have an island going in and with a laminate would mean a join which i dont want. ws this really exspensive as worried i wounld not be able to afford. Info very much appreciated smile

Hangingbasket14 Sat 30-Jan-16 19:34:40

My friend does! She has oak worktops, sage tiles and white walls, works well!

Hangingbasket14 Sat 30-Jan-16 19:38:10

Monique, I have burford White and have oak tops, they look lovely BUT don't do it if your a messy cook and don't put anything down on them without protection. We went for oak as our kitchen is dark, I hate laminate and couldn't find the budget for the quantity of composite/quartz we needed. If you do go for the oak buy some barkeepers friend and boiled linseed oil!

yomellamoHelly Sat 30-Jan-16 19:40:39

We've got the Tewkesbury in stone with wood laminate worktops. Floors wood effect and walls all off white. Went for lime green splashbacks to lift it.

sparklingsky Sat 30-Jan-16 19:54:10

Try Farrow and Ball Mizzle...looks great with engineered oak flooring and black work tops. Isn't Burford Stone a beige grey? Mizzle is a grey-green and tonally would probably work well (?)

Dawndonnaagain Sun 31-Jan-16 20:32:57

I have Buford Cream with an Iroko wood worktop. It's gorgeous! We painted the kitchen in Little Greene Paint Co, echo. It's a pale blue. Could look good with a grey.

monique221011 Sun 31-Jan-16 21:17:56

Thank you all so much it's been my first post on this web site which I've only just discovered its been great to have some help such a big decision frightened of spending do much money and getting it wrong 😀👍

newhairdontcare Tue 22-Mar-16 19:59:27

OP, what did you go for in the end? I think we are going to go for the exact same kitchen . Just nervous about taking the plunge!

monique221011 Wed 23-Mar-16 21:26:29

Sticking with the oak work top although kitchen been delayed till August. I kept coming across pictures with oak top and had to admit I like the look . Still not narrowed down paint colour but will be farrow and ball will try the mizzle or shaded white may be 😃

jjowitt Mon 17-Oct-16 22:49:58

We are having a burford stone kitchen installed with quartz wortops and karndean floor and decided in these F and B colours

MissMargie Tue 18-Oct-16 06:18:18

Burford Stone is slightly lighter than F&B elephant's breath and slightly darker than skimming stone. I used skimming stone on paintwork, it looks the same unless you are very picky.

HLowry2011 Sat 19-Nov-16 09:11:13

@jjowitt. We are about to have the Howdens Stone kitchen installed and are struggling to choose a worktop. The worktop you have chosen looks perfect. Could you please let me know what make and colour it is?
And also - what are those F&B colours?
Great choices.
Many thanks! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now