Talk

Advanced search

Silver and navy walls for kids' room?

(4 Posts)
Squtternutbaush Wed 14-Jan-15 13:46:02

DS is 8yo and DD is almost 2yo, they will be sharing a room for the foreseeable future which doesn't bother us but I'm having trouble taking it from "his room" to "their room" if you know what I mean.

Have spoken to DS and he liked the idea of a night sky wall which would apparently mean 3 walls being a pale silvery grey and one big wall being navy with glow in the dark stars and I was thinking maybe a few IKEA star wall lights to set it off.

Anyway I've applied the testers and really can't decide, both are nice colours but I'm not sure about them together.

What do you guys think?

friendlymum67 Wed 14-Jan-15 13:52:25

I think it's a lovely combination, my DS's room is navy, red and white but thinking of incorporating silver into it, plus as your daughter gets older and may want a bit of girly colour, silver will go with lots.

Chillyegg Wed 14-Jan-15 13:59:32

I think it's a lovely idea as well! If you had time and inclination you could also sponge the blue with other night time colours to give it that night time sky effect? So it looked like the sky aswell as not being so harsh?

Maybe like the sky in this picture?

I get very excited about these things so apologies if my comment isn't so helpful!

Squtternutbaush Wed 14-Jan-15 14:15:35

Friendly silver sounds perfect for your DS' room grin

Chilly I love that idea! Get excited and throw more my way ;)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: