Talk

Advanced search

Work top recommendations with white curved kitchen units?

(4 Posts)
HalfATankini Tue 13-Jan-15 19:25:53

Hi,

We're about to get our kitchen redone and are planning to put in curved white high gloss units and a wooden floor. But we're unsure about work tops. Obviously we need something that can be curved to match the units but I'm worried that wood will be a) tricky to maintain and b) look OTT with wooden floor and white units (a bit sauna-ish?!)

We're also planning to move in a few years so we're not wanting to spend loads on a mega durable last-250-years work top. But I'm unsure whether laminate can be curved?

Any advice very gratefully received!

ConcreteElephant Tue 13-Jan-15 21:16:58

What about a quartz composite like Quartzforms? Others probably available <disclaimer>! Not as mega bucks as pure quartz or granite but durable and easy to template to fit your requirements.

We have a Quartzforms top on our island - it's flush to the cupboards on one side but we have a curved 'lip' on the other side to put stools under. The curves are luuuurvely smile

We have a wooden floor and wooden worktops along the walls - the island top definitely gives me the fewest nightmares about maintenance! It's where we do most of our food prep and baking etc., non-porous, easy to clean - I really love it.

Theveryhungrycaterpillar123 Tue 13-Jan-15 21:40:11

Yes laminate can be curved, it's what we are having. Will cost around £700.

HalfATankini Tue 13-Jan-15 23:04:58

Thanks so much. Is it a particular sort of laminate? so I can pretend to have some kind of knowledge in the face of trade folk

I'll check out Quartzform. I am crazy about the curvy units, the square ones make me feel sad hmm wink

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: