Talk

Advanced search

Swimming pools.....

(6 Posts)
Chippychop Sun 11-Jan-15 21:39:16

Just a fleeting idea...anyone got any sort of guesstimate /idea how much an indoor pool would cost... I'm thinking It would be c3.5m wide with 1m walkway round it - not sure of length maybe 7.5m in length - if we built it in a similar extension on the garage (which is brick plinth with rough sawn timber cladding). As I say it may be be no more than a pipe dream but I'm curious....grin

OnePlanOnHouzz Mon 12-Jan-15 17:18:08

It's not just the cost of putting one in - the running costs can be a ball breaker too !! Can even out done buyers off ( unless you are considerably South of the UK in Europe somewhere ?!

OnePlanOnHouzz Mon 12-Jan-15 17:18:58

Flipping auto correct !!
' can even put off some buyers too ! '

Micah Mon 12-Jan-15 17:21:37

7.5m x 3.5m isn't a swimming pool? More like a big bath. Unless you're planning an endless pool mechanism?

IWantDogger Mon 12-Jan-15 17:30:26

Can't help with the installation but the costs of heating, filtering and the chemicals for the outdoor one we inherited when we bought our house are astronomical and crippling us! Not to mention it's like having a couple of large extra rooms to Hoover and keep clean!

Chippychop Tue 13-Jan-15 17:28:07

Oh think I'm a bit put off maybe an orangery may be a better bet! Thank you for your helpful comments

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: