Talk

Advanced search

Chrome Light switches and Sockets

(9 Posts)
Gozogozo Sat 10-Jan-15 19:11:36

Anyone ever used a brand called excel?

I'm looking for polished chrome, ideally screwless, not flat

I've seen www.qvsdirect.com/cable-wiring/wiring-accessories/sockets-switches/excel-screwless-polished-chrome

amongst a few others, and looking for some recommendations.

The ones that I have seen on screwfix/wickes/amazon which have reviews are poor or stupidly expensive.

Thanks!

Gozogozo Sat 10-Jan-15 21:20:40

Gentle post-Voice bump

wotlarks Sat 10-Jan-15 23:02:23

Our house is kitted out in brushed chrome/steel switches and sockets, all from screwfix. We haven't had any issues with them at all.

Gozogozo Sat 10-Jan-15 23:15:02

Mine was too, polished chrome, but that was 15 years ago & they don't do the same square chunky polished chrome any more sad

PinkOboe Sun 11-Jan-15 11:02:33

I've recently spent an inordinate amount of time thinking about and looking at sockets. Who knew they could come to be do important?

Anyway. We got ours from here great prices and lovely chaps in our local branch

fussychica Sun 11-Jan-15 14:00:07

My electrician just installed some beautiful brushed steel ones in my kitchen. They have discreet grey inserts rather than the usual black or white. I don't know where he sourced them from but they weren't that expensive. Might be worth researching.

fussychica Sun 11-Jan-15 14:05:03

They look similar to these but nicer
www.electricalcounter.co.uk/products/Switches+&+Sockets/Nexus+Screwless+Flat-Plate/Screwless+Brushed+Steel/Flat+Plate+Brushed+Steel+2+Gang+13amp+Switched+Socket+-+Grey+Insert/4136125540

Gozogozo Sun 11-Jan-15 18:34:04

Thank you all.

I'm interested in yours, fussychica, as the ones you linked to look lovely, and I can't quite see how they could look better - but very keen to know! If your electrician would share his source, I would be very happy!

Pinkoboe the charleston ones on your site look good too, but are a little too different from the rest of the house.

I will keep googling.

Eastwickwitch Sun 11-Jan-15 18:40:39

I spent hours and ££ sourcing white, flat, screwless metal switches, our electrician thought I was mad.
They look nice but not x4 nicer than white plastic big standard.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now