Talk

Advanced search

Fitting TV aerial point

(9 Posts)
kansasmum Fri 09-Jan-15 18:45:21

How easy is it fit an aerial point? We've promised dd we will put one in her room as hers is the only bedroom without one.
Immediately beneath her room is the lounge and in the corner is an unused aerial point so I'm wondering whether we can somehow link to that?
Dh is crap at DIY so needs to simple for him to do it ( he would totally agree with me!!).
Or his much would it cost to pay someone to do it?

OnePlanOnHouzz Sat 10-Jan-15 21:12:27

It's relatively simple to plug an extension coax into the downstairs ariel socket ! The tricky bit is drilling through into the bedroom ... As you don't know what else you may still into ?! I'd ask around locally to see if there's a DIYer with cable finders and a long still bit who could help for that bit ! Good luck !!

OnePlanOnHouzz Sat 10-Jan-15 21:14:03

Blooming auto correct !! DRILL not STILL!!! Soz smile

RumAppleGinger Sat 10-Jan-15 22:33:15

We paid a professional to put two ariel points in two rooms. It cost us £50 for parts and labour and took the guy just over an hour to do.

Lifesalemon Sat 10-Jan-15 22:43:56

We paid £50 for a professional to put an aerial and a magic eye in my daughters room. Well worth it, he was in and out in less then an hour and cleaned up after himself too. My partner could probably have done it but it would have been a lot more hassle and mess and i would probably have had to clean up after him.

kansasmum Sun 11-Jan-15 22:03:26

Ok £50 is well worth it!! Dh and drilling are not good combo- went through electric cable last time he put up curtain pole!!
Nice Sunday afternoon emergency call out to local electrician!!
Will phone round local tv installer people tmw!

kansasmum Sun 11-Jan-15 22:04:29

'Scuse my ignorance but what's a magic eye?!!

Lifesalemon Sun 11-Jan-15 22:17:13

It makes it possible to watch sky TV on another tv without an extra sky box. You can't watch two desperate channels though like with multi room.

Lifesalemon Sun 11-Jan-15 22:19:05

Sorry that should be separate not desperate

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now