Talk

Advanced search

Building insurance settlement too low??

(1 Post)
Susanj89 Fri 09-Jan-15 14:32:07

Hi, can anybody advise?

I am currently in the unfortunate situation of negotiating a cash settlement with my insurance company.

To cut a long story short, I have had a rather large leak in my bathroom which has caused an enormous amount of damage in the kitchen below.

After several attempts, by the Insurance Company, to supply contractors I have been let down, so I have arranged with the appointed loss adjuster to accept a cash settlement. But, the cash settlement offer seems far too low to complete the required work.

I have finally, after many phone calls, been given a list of work that needs to be carried out (schedule of work). Unfortunately this schedule of work has no prices attached and after many discussions with my Insurance Company I have been informed that to 'supply the policy holder with prices is not common practice'.

A friend has suggested that I take my complaint to the ombudsman but I know that this will be even more time consuming and this has already been going on for months. All I am asking for are the prices for the listed work on the Insurance Company's schedule so that I can understand how Insurance Company/Loss adjuster have calculated the settlement offer.

Does anybody have any idea how to proceed from here, as it seems the Insurance Company are holding back much needed information?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now