Talk

Advanced search

windowsill - what's yours made of??

(7 Posts)
sacbina Thu 08-Jan-15 17:38:08

now that I've chosen laminate worktop I'm struggling with what to do with the windowsill.
sink is in front of window, approx 1.5m wide, but there's not enough spare worktop to cover it. tiles and grout would just get mucky, wood - we are quite a careless household, plastic windowsill is just yuck.

it's a wilsonart 'black designer' worktop so a neutral black to go with anything, apart from maybe another black.......

think a piece of granite/other stone would just look like a bit of a token effort.

do have some spare floor tiles, 600mm, so three would cover it without too much grout but would that look a bit odd? they're a dark grey colour.

any wise inspiration??

2plus1 Thu 08-Jan-15 18:14:36

We have black (slightly sparkly) tiles with black grout on our kitchen windowsill. They are very easy to wipe down but don't really need it. They never look 'dirty'.

Chopchopbusybusy Thu 08-Jan-15 18:20:58

We have small grey tiles on ours. Grouting is also grey. Had them for about two and a half years and still look fine.

sacbina Thu 08-Jan-15 18:37:21

hmm, sounds fine then

also only got 50mm between top of worktop and max height of windowsill, so different finishes will be very close to each other

again worrying about nothing!!!

itsnothingoriginal Thu 08-Jan-15 21:22:16

We have glass on our kitchen windowsill! Been fab as so easy to keep clean. Was made to measure and matches glass splashback behind hob.

sacbina Thu 08-Jan-15 23:21:52

ooooo, love the sound of that. presumably made to made measure from a local co. any particular thickness, special treatment?

itsnothingoriginal Fri 09-Jan-15 16:30:19

Yes - was all done by a local kitchen fitting company. He just measured up the windowsill and ordered an extra piece of the same glass used for the splashback. I wouldn't have even thought about having glass but was a great solution!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now