Talk

Advanced search

Smeg Victoria - has anybody got anything nice to say?

(7 Posts)
wasabipeanut Thu 08-Jan-15 13:12:24

Have just taken a deep breath, ignored reviews of other Smeg range cookers and ordered a black Victoria. It looks beautiful and did apparently get a Which Best Buy. However, reviews of this model are thin on the ground - not sure why. And most reviews of other Smeg ranges (and indeed all other appliances) are abysmal.

Has anyone got one and do you like it?

<Hopeful>

Marmitelover55 Thu 08-Jan-15 13:14:50

We have the 900 in cream and I'm really pleased with it smile The only negative I can think of is that the controls get very hot when we use the top grill. It seems to cook everything well, seems sturdy and looks nice. Ours was fitted end of July so not had it that long.

wasabipeanut Thu 08-Jan-15 13:42:02

Music to my ears Marmite!! Hot knobs I can see being an issue though grin Do you not shut the door to grill? My existing cooker door needs to be closed when grilling?

Marmitelover55 Thu 08-Jan-15 14:05:07

Maybe that is where we are going wrong!

whats4teamum Thu 08-Jan-15 16:02:28

I had smeg range cooker and dishwasher. Dreadful. Expensive parts, dodgy electrics. I only put up wth it for about 14 months. Good luck.

Marmitelover55 Thu 08-Jan-15 16:19:13

Oh dear we also have smeg dishwasher as well as range cooker hmm

wasabipeanut Thu 08-Jan-15 19:11:23

Hey ho! It's a 2 year warranty I think......

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now