Talk

Advanced search

Is it normal to get really cold feet just before moving?

(5 Posts)
BettyBoblin Thu 08-Jan-15 10:19:29

I'm due to exchange tomorrow and move next week. I have an awful knot in my stomach, feel a bit tearful, and can't help thinking of all the positives of my present house and all the negatives of the new house. Is this common?

BiscuitsofYum Thu 08-Jan-15 10:25:10

When we first brought our house I was terrified and hated the new house... We got the keys late and went to the new house to look around, see how dirty it was, what state it was left in etc. We went back to the old house and I cried all night because I hated it.. However when we went in the morning the sun was shining, I started cleaning and loved my house again!
Moving house is stressful and opens a new chapter to your life I think its normal to have some sort of cold feet about it!

TengoSueno Thu 08-Jan-15 10:31:10

We are currently waiting to exchange. I think it is entirely normal to be nervous. I remember crying on the day we moved into this house and thinking 'OMG what have we done.' I absolutely love our house now and am nervous again. It is a fear of the unknown.

PedantMarina Thu 08-Jan-15 10:34:56

It's your heart making the break from your old house. The period in between is the worst, when neither place feels like "home".

But the new house will feel like home faster than you think.

Congratulations, by the way!

BettyBoblin Thu 08-Jan-15 13:44:14

Thanks. That's helped me to feel a bit more positive. Just a small knot in my stomach now and no more tears ( for now) :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now