Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Please tell me about your amazing garden offices

(4 Posts)
JollyGolightly Mon 05-Jan-15 21:03:03

We live in a slightly too small house with a large garden. We need a bit more space as the DC get bigger, and adding a garden building would mean we can free up a room to be a playroom/teen pit, and maybe not have to move.

The garden is irritatingly huge and awkwardly arranged. Losing a bit of the jungle would be no hardship! But I don't want it to be an expensive library that we rarely go into, so it needs to be really cosy and comfortable, well insulated, good lighting...and all on a fairly tight budget.

If you've done this, was it worth it? And do you think it adds any value to the house if one does sell eventually?

CointreauVersial Tue 06-Jan-15 00:07:47

Watching....

IamTitanium Tue 06-Jan-15 00:13:12

If the garden is huge could you extend from the house into that? Something attached may be used more than having to go out to go in.

JollyGolightly Tue 06-Jan-15 14:13:40

I am the garden is huge in an irritating way; immensely long but only just wider than the house. The land on either side does not belong to us and falls away even more steeply than the garden which slopes downhill over several levels! So although we'd love to extend, we can't.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now