Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Please recommend me your favourite green paint/s

(22 Posts)
Pannacotta Mon 05-Jan-15 10:41:15

I normally don't have any problems choosing paint colours but finding it hard to decide on the right colour.
I need a warm mid-dark green for the sitting room which faces West and is large and bright/sunny. The paint needs to go with darkish oak shutters, wooden floor (oak stain) and green/cream sofas.
So far I quite like F&B Mouse's Back and Stone White but only from looking at their brochure/colour chart. I will get the paint colour matched but would like something a bit old/chalky/muddy looking if that makes sense (the house is Victorian and a bit chaotic).
I have very limited time to sort out samples etc and a decorator coming next week.
TIA...

minipie Mon 05-Jan-15 10:49:09

We have F&B Stony Ground in two rooms and really like it. It's probably more of a brown than a green (but then I would say the same about Mouse's Back). Definitely has green undertones though, at least in our house.

BreakOutTheKaraoke Mon 05-Jan-15 10:56:24

I have Dulux Putting Green and I love it. My favourite colour in the house. Picture is of the colour against oak and white in my living room.

Pannacotta Mon 05-Jan-15 11:20:43

Thanks both of you, I think I want more a more of an olive colour really, not sure Mouses Back is green enough.

Greenrememberedhills Mon 05-Jan-15 11:26:22

F and B Green ground, possibly?

lulupeg Mon 05-Jan-15 12:18:55

We love Cooking Apple Green (F&B), was a last minute choice for our playroom and now we adore it, such a gorgeous shade and works really nicely with picture rails - and white Expedit storage system!!

RaphaellaTheSpanishWaterDog Mon 05-Jan-15 12:38:37

I've also been searching for the perfect olive green for what feels like forever - although think I may be looking for something darker than you - and have previously used Craig & Rose Tapestry Green and F&B Calke Green, neither of which were exactly right. Years back we used a colour called Oregano (think it was an own brand but can't recall where we found it) but that was also a bit bright for our tastes!

I've just got a sample pot of Little Greene Olive Colour and that's more the tone I'm looking for, but incredibly dark......

Maybe try F&B Olive?

Cocolepew Mon 05-Jan-15 12:41:39

Dulux Wellbeing, though it is a light one. I have it everywhere blush

LL12 Mon 05-Jan-15 13:27:09

I have Dulux Overtly Olive in my kitchen with cream units and oak worktop and floor. It look's really really nice.

Pannacotta Mon 05-Jan-15 13:31:23

F&B Olive is a little too dark as is the Little Greene Olive, but they are more what I am after.
I have found F&B Green Stone on an old colour chart so will get a sample mixed of that. Its a pale muddy olive.
Am after a green which has a bit of gold in it and isn't too blue or grey which seems to be quite hard to track down.

Pannacotta Mon 05-Jan-15 13:34:03

The Dulux Overtly Olive looks good, does it look like in this link LL12?
www.yorkshirelife.co.uk/homes-gardens/interiors/yorkshire_interiors_edwardian_house_in_thackley_1_3470479?storyId=1.3470547.1395589783

Dulux Wellbeing is pretty but too pale.

aftereight Mon 05-Jan-15 14:02:12

F&B Lichen, it seems to adapt to its surroundings and looks amazing with oak and darker woods.

LL12 Mon 05-Jan-15 14:09:04

Pannacotta. I think it looks a lot nicer then in the picture, the picture makes it look a bit 'muddy'.

When I put swatches on the wall everyone thought it would be too dark and yuk, but now it's all done they all think it looks amazing.

iwantkhaleesiseyebrows Mon 05-Jan-15 14:19:11

F&B French grey - despite the name surprisingly green (a soft green with grey undertones)

schilke Mon 05-Jan-15 14:27:36

We've just painted our new bedroom in Hopes Sapling (Wickes). Who comes up with these names! It's a light brightish green. It looks lovely and fresh.

schilke Mon 05-Jan-15 14:28:50

Just looked at your link to a colour - my suggestion is far too light!

Penguinsaresmall Mon 05-Jan-15 14:33:53

I have Dulux Overtly Olive in my kitchen - it's a very bright room with big windows and cream units. When I first started painting it looked a bit grim to be honest; really dark and muddy, but as soon as it was finished it looked lovely. I would definitely recommend smile

Penguinsaresmall Mon 05-Jan-15 14:35:15

PS it is very 'heritage' looking IMO so sounds like it would suit the 'look' you're going for...

shaska Mon 05-Jan-15 15:56:20

Not sure if this would be too green but Little Greene Citrine is not dissimilar to Olive, but a bit lighter. We have it in a small sitting room and love it - but it is GREEN. It looked lighter and more yellow on the chart than it turned out in person.

Pannacotta Mon 05-Jan-15 16:06:28

Thanks, I think Overtly Olive is looking good so far. Citrine is lovely but a little too saturated a colour I think.

Pannacotta Mon 05-Jan-15 16:10:12

Penguin and LL12 Iis there any chance either of you would post a pic of a bit of Overtly Olive on your walls? Would be great to see it in situ.

Am very grateful for all the suggestions everyone!

OliviaBenson Mon 05-Jan-15 16:18:45

Farrow and ball breakfast room green is lovely- we have it in our Victorian house and it gets lots of comments. A nice rich colour but not too dark.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now