Talk

Advanced search

Extension rules

(6 Posts)
honeydue3 Mon 05-Jan-15 00:44:09

Hi, can someone tell me what is the maximum amount of metres you are allowed to build an extension at the back of the house to make a kitchen larger? I think it used to be 3 metres but heard the regulations changed to 6 metres is this still the case and for how long are the regulations going to be relaxed for?
I have a semi detached house and was thinking of doing the plans but how long do the plans last for before I would need to renew?

radiobedhead Mon 05-Jan-15 00:59:05

Here you go Op lmgtfy.com/?q=Planning+rules+for+extensions&l=1

wink

honeydue3 Mon 05-Jan-15 01:14:54

Thanks radiobedhead
But what happens after 2016? Does it go back to a max of 3 metres

radiobedhead Mon 05-Jan-15 08:19:46

Good question and one I don't have a cheeky answer for I'm afraid.

Have you tried your local planning department? Or a builder that may already know?

It'd be a pain if all plans suddenly be and null and void...

radiobedhead Mon 05-Jan-15 08:20:21

Sorry, I didn't understand firsr of all clearly!

Seeline Mon 05-Jan-15 08:56:00

* Honeydue3* - these are the official guidelines from the planning portal
www.planningportal.gov.uk/permission/commonprojects/extensions/
there are loads of other criteria that have to be met apart from the projection, so it's worth giving them a thorough check.
The Government hasn't yet announced what will happen after the current deadline. The new measurements were introduced in the hope to kick start the construction industry. I suppose they will assess whether or not this has happened, before deciding.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now