Talk

Advanced search

Another grey thread!

(8 Posts)
Devora Fri 02-Jan-15 23:47:54

I know there are some regulars here with awesome knowledge of grey paint, so can I ask if any can advise me on the right grey for my kitchen? (I'd particularly like kitchen paint, or something hardwearing, rather than F&B.)

Kitchen is moderate size, french windows over sunny garden. At the moment the walls and ceiling are painted in Homebase putty, a pleasing pale greige. The units are pretty much the same colour - maybe a couple of shades lighter. Tiles are linen white. Floor is orange terracotta tiles. As the floor is the strongest colour in the room, it is currently dominant within what is a greige box. So I'm thinking of painting the ceiling white and the walls a darker grey - fairly strong, neutral to warm.

I find it so hard to judge greys from paint charts - any advice?

BiggerYellowTaxi Sat 03-Jan-15 00:12:51

I love Little Greene French Grey. It goes well with out teak floor so should be good with your tiles.

martymcfry Sat 03-Jan-15 13:45:46

Cane and Adam mix f&b and little Greene colours in Johnson's which is easier to paint with and can be harder wearing

As per PP, French grey is nice, but it's quite green.

Easterchuck Sat 03-Jan-15 14:23:32

Do you want a bluey grey, greeny grey or steele grey?

MrsFlorrick Sat 03-Jan-15 17:45:51

Little Greene in Dash of Soot or Perinnial Grey.

Little Greene is hard wearing esp their eggshell.

Price wise similar to F&B.

Devora Sun 04-Jan-15 00:19:53

Little Greene sounding good, then! I'll check them out.

Easterchuck, I don't know! Normally I'm pretty good at colours but I'm struggling here.

MuddhaOfSuburbia Sun 04-Jan-15 00:23:06

Another vote for lg French grey

And it comes in shades (4 I think)

Fabulous, goes with everything. And tough as old boots

Devora Sun 04-Jan-15 23:51:05

French Gray Dark looks absolutely lovely on the website - ladies, I think you may have nailed it. Good to know it's tough - it will need to be!

Thanks so much for your help, everyone. I think F&B have just lost me to Little Greene.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now