Talk

Advanced search

upstands, splashbacks and a gas hob

(4 Posts)
sacbina Fri 02-Jan-15 22:00:42

getting myself in a right two and eight here and need to stop googling

are you not supposed to have an upstand behind a gas hob? if not why can you have a splashback? I don't really want a splashback and had hoped to just have an uninterrupted run of upstands
??

Marmitelover55 Fri 02-Jan-15 22:06:42

We haven't hot an upstanding behind our gas hob (on range), as it has a bit of a back to it. We do have a glass splashback though whuch goes down behind. If the cooker didn't have this back, then I might have had a bigger upstand in granite in a semi-circle (sorry haven't described that v well). I think you need something bigger than a normal upstand due to the splashes!

sacbina Fri 02-Jan-15 22:16:04

getting confused as previously didn't have upstands or splashbacks, just wiped if needed. never had a problem.

but the look of upstands appeals, but not with a splashback!

PigletJohn Fri 02-Jan-15 22:26:12

you can have an upstand behind a gas hob but the manufacturer's instructions may specify a minimum distance if it is flammable. Some now come with factory-fitted fold-down glass covers which automatically turn off the gas when they are closed (this is a requirement now for flats, and seems a good idea. I have one.) Hobs do tend to scatter greasy haze onto the walls.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now