Talk

Advanced search

Stainless steel splash back suppliers?

(4 Posts)
Mapleleaf3 Wed 31-Dec-14 12:40:16

Can anybody recommend a supplier of stainless steel splash backs? It will probably have to be custom made because the hood needs to be high enough that do does not bash his head on it. So will probably need to be just over a meter high and a metre wide. Any thing I should know about different ones or where to buy the? Love the idea and look of glass but thinking it might be too modern for our kitchen. Do also worried about whether glass might break if bumped with a cast iron pan, which has is what we mainly cook with.

Thanks In advance.

TeddyBee Wed 31-Dec-14 14:26:49

We bought ours on eBay - it was a standard size, but there were loads available and our 60cm square cost about thirty pounds including delivery. Stuck it on with no more nails and it's been great and so cheap. I think a few sellers did custom sizes, so wait until your hood is installed and then order it.

Mapleleaf3 Wed 31-Dec-14 14:28:37

Good idea to wait till all in place before we order, sounds like it I'd easy enough to order. Am planning to have tiles either side of it, I wonder whether tiles or splash bad go in first?

trufflenut Thu 01-Jan-15 15:48:41

We bought one off ebay too, can get standard sizes or cut to size, fairly cheap as well

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now