Talk

Advanced search

silicone - clear or white?

(5 Posts)
poocatcherchampion Wed 31-Dec-14 12:23:34

We are about to silicone our kitchen worktop to the wall. (Do people do this?) Should we use clear or white?

Walls are cream, worktop oak laminate..

stonecircle Wed 31-Dec-14 13:46:22

White, white, white!!! DH redid the sealant along the worktop where the sink was in our old kitchen and it looked AWFUL. Just looks dingy and doesn't hide the join properly. White gives a nice crisp clean line (although of course it doesn't stay white .....)

PigletJohn Wed 31-Dec-14 14:14:22

grey, or a colour to match or tone with the laminate.

stonecircle Wed 31-Dec-14 18:55:33

I agree you should match laminate - if the choice isn't just between white and clear. I was thinking of my old kitchen (orange tiles and wood worktops ......) and clear sealant just looked awful on them. You can't really see any sealant on my current kitchen which has upstands so I guess in that situation clear would be best.

ContentedSidewinder Wed 31-Dec-14 19:22:51

Agree with above, no white or clear but try to colour match to the worktop.

I use Mapei sealant which I got from a builder's merchant. Here is the list of colours they do linky

But there are other brands available, head to a builder's merchants and see if they have a display with the colours.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now