Talk

Advanced search

Recommend me an intuitive, free, 3d programme

(11 Posts)
Phoenixfrights Mon 29-Dec-14 20:56:03

That's not SketchUp, please grin.

I've tried it and just cannot get along with it.

It's for turning my architect's 2d plans into 3d ones, so I can experiment with placement of furniture and kitchen units. Architect wanted squillions more to provide 3D modelling and we couldn't really run to it.

Any advice on programmes/ sites you've used for similar would be really appreciated.

TalkinPeace Mon 29-Dec-14 22:02:34

ikeas online planners?

Phoenixfrights Mon 29-Dec-14 22:22:45

Good idea, Talkinpeace. Will try Ikea. It's probably where we'll end up getting kitchen from anyway given the state of our budget...

TalkinPeace Tue 30-Dec-14 10:39:16

Ikea kitchens are cool, even for those with bigger budgets
combine their fab units with nice appliances (mine are all Neff) and groovy worktops
and you have a unique, functional kitchen (pic of mine is on my profile) that can be altered easily - because its IKEA

the wardrobe / bedroom planner tool was great too - kids designed their rooms, I got the Ikea aisle picking list ....

Mapleleaf3 Tue 30-Dec-14 12:32:57

Do you not find the ikea planner to be mind boggling slow? I keep trying to use it but getting so frustrated. Maybe it is my computer, if others don't have this issue?

TalkinPeace Tue 30-Dec-14 12:34:38

its quicker than my brain wink

OnePlanOnHouzz Tue 30-Dec-14 13:23:58

If you have JPEG's of your plans then interior designer for iPad is quick and easy to use - you can import the plans and scale off them and draw up the rooms in 3d relatively easily . It's in free - it's under £10 though !

Phoenixfrights Tue 30-Dec-14 21:18:40

Tried the planner, I didn't find it slow but it was a bit too basic. I want to mess around importing different flooring etc. I'm going to have to pay, aren't I??

Interior Designer sounds good - shame I'm the only person in London who doesn't have an Ipad or tablet of any description. We only got wifi 3 years ago smile

Phoenixfrights Tue 30-Dec-14 21:27:39

OK so the interior designer thing is also available for PC but only if you're running windows 8 and I'm not.
If anyone had any further ideas I'd be grateful.

DreamboatDaddy Wed 31-Dec-14 00:13:50

www.floorplanner.com

DreamboatDaddy Wed 31-Dec-14 00:14:57

Actually, just realised you want 3D. Floor planner offers a 3D view but it's very rudimentary.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now