Talk

Advanced search

New triple glazed windows, exterior condensation?

(5 Posts)
BeHoHoHove Mon 29-Dec-14 16:08:34

The windows are marvellous, very effective, but on cold days (most days where I live) the outside is covered in condensation which we have been told is normal. Will they always do this or is it just because they are brand new?

shattered77 Mon 29-Dec-14 16:18:02

Isn't it the new technology in A rated windows. Our new ones do it but luckily only sometimes. I was gutted when I first saw it!

InsertUsernameHere Mon 29-Dec-14 16:51:44

Yep - basic physics. It is a good sign really. Ours were frozen on the outside today! Defrosted after I opened the curtains and the sun(ish) got round to them.

ouryve Mon 29-Dec-14 17:01:34

We get that around here, occasionally. You can tell which houses have decent double glazing and don't whack the heating up high. I'm pleased to say that it happened to us for the first time, just with inexpensive but new double glazing.

It is weird, when it happens. I came in, after a day out, once, ready to wipe the insides of the windows and turn the dehumidifier up, only to find that they were dry!

BeHoHoHove Mon 29-Dec-14 19:37:21

Thanks for the answers, it's a bit weird but I'll get used to it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now