Talk

Advanced search

Which carpet sale are we going to?

(3 Posts)
CheeseBadger Sun 28-Dec-14 00:31:57

Having not watched much of the haunted fish bowl this Christmas, can anyone point me towards a useful carpet sale? Either something advertised nationally or someone good in south Manchester?

Need to cover a 365 x 215 cm / 12' x 7' room. So someone selling offcuts from ballroom carpeting jobs would also be a possibility. Design brief is PFB nursery, but child will probably move to a different room once cot bed is outgrown, so not a carpet for life.

Thanks in advance for any tips, and for preventing me needing to look at the adverts. Anyone suggesting bitumen backed carpet tiles will be summarily executed...

wowfudge Sun 28-Dec-14 09:00:02

I know other posters don't think much of them, but we've always done alright with Carpetright. Just buy your own underlay, door bars, etc online separately as that's where they make their money (by overcharging ridiculously - think £7.99 psf for underlay you can buy for £2.99). They have a 50% off sale at the moment and are offering interest free credit too.

Nepotism Sun 28-Dec-14 09:28:02

I had a quote from them in their "sale" which was £100 more than an independent for the same quality in a small bedroom. Do you have any local people who just have a van full of samples? I'm 300 miles away from you so I can't help with recommendations I'm afraid.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now