Talk

Advanced search

survey done, how to get vendor to reduce price?

(3 Posts)
rumbelina Tue 23-Dec-14 11:39:35

I'm a bit lost with all this. The survey valued the house at £2k under agreed price (we are paying asking price) because some work needs doing.

It's only £2k but it reduces what they will lend us by £1600 plus we need to pay for the work that needs doing and a damp survey.

The work is some pointing, some bricks need replacing, the path needs lowering as is above the damp course (hence also a damp survey needs to be done)

Would it be normal for the vendor in this circumstance to therefore reduce the agreed price by the £2k? And do we ask for him to agree to that before we engage in any further surveys or get any contractors out? It seems to me that we should but my brain is a bit fogged up so I'm hoping for anyone with experience of this to come with their advices.

rumbelina Tue 23-Dec-14 11:41:42

There are also some other bits and bobs of work - water meter pipes are lead so need replacing, some rotten timber externally, garage roof needs a bit doing etc.

Bowlersarm Tue 23-Dec-14 11:45:34

Whether the vendor will be prepared to reduce the price depends on whether their asking price already reflected the fact that work needed to be done.

I would ask for the £2000 price reduction and see what they say.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now