Talk

Advanced search

Grey kitchen/pale top what floor???? Help!!!! X

(14 Posts)
Laurabobbysmum Tue 23-Dec-14 09:07:30

Hi, we are getting a handmade kitchen painted in grey with either a pale granite or quartz top. I can figure out what floor tiles to get??? Suggestions please!!! Xxx

emeline Tue 23-Dec-14 12:26:20

Something not grey, ideally.

kayessbee Tue 23-Dec-14 17:36:58

Depends what you like - grey based or white based tiles would make it look quite a cold & clinical room. But they now make some really good 'wood' tiles - looks like floorboards but are not wood!! That would give it visual warmth....

Or look out for patterned tiles, Andalucian style - maybe try Johnsons Tiles (can't remember who is good for these, so you'll need to google around).

Or go for rough edged sandstone coloured - a bit of rustic can look good against a modern clean lined kitchen!

Good luck - post a pic once it's done, pls ��!

Laurabobbysmum Tue 23-Dec-14 20:24:14

Thankyou for suggestions ladies!! Kitchen being installed beg Feb! Beyond excited. Xxx

sleepdodger Wed 24-Dec-14 00:58:22

We will be having ceramic tiles which look like wood
Honestly nicer than sounds!! wink
Works for underfloor heating and a softer look than slate etc

kayessbee Wed 24-Dec-14 01:50:45

I know Sleepdodger - they can look amazing, just look around to see which ones look the best (they've been around long enough for there to be dodgy cheap versions now....)

Kieron79 Wed 24-Dec-14 10:24:10

We are going for similar sounding colours and are using American white oak, was I sure at the time but out up next to cabinets and it worked as added warmth

Kieron79 Wed 24-Dec-14 10:35:31

Just realised it's actually oak not American white oak as that was too light

sleepwhenidie Wed 24-Dec-14 10:44:26

We have a white/grey gloss kitchen with grey corian tops. Floor is large sandy coloured porcelain tiles and we also clad the ends of the island in the same oak flooring as we have in the living/dining room, which softens/warms the look a lot. pics here

emeline Wed 24-Dec-14 12:24:42

I do abhor those cold clinical kitchens. The Andalusian tiles look warm and inviting, and on a practical note, won't need cleaning every morning and afternoon. ( Looking at my white tiled bathroom floor...)

Somethingtodo Wed 24-Dec-14 21:02:17

Not just about the colour - more important to add depth and interest with differing materials and textures.

Stone pale tops and flat grey painted cupboards I think calls out for contrast with texture on the floor - so maybe a reclaimed chevron wood? - could go for any colour really - except grey/pale white.

Somethingtodo Wed 24-Dec-14 21:18:04

sleep love your kitchen - tiles look nicely textured and distressed and the wood adds a lovely depth and warmth.

caroldecker Wed 24-Dec-14 21:44:10

Rough stone can be a nightmare to clean and also be wary of white grout

Laurabobbysmum Wed 24-Dec-14 22:24:00

Sleep, beautiful kitchen!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now