Talk

Advanced search

Painting Inside a Wooden Shed

(4 Posts)
Nepotism Fri 12-Dec-14 13:28:12

Having to use a shed for my tumble dryer and utility room type stuff and want to prettify it a bit. I've got some floor paint left over from doing my floorboards which is fine for the floor, is there any reason I shouldn't use it on the walls and ceiling too?

Also, brand new wood which has been treated - I seem to remember painting new fence panels in Cuprinol was a nightmare. Is it best to leave it to weather a bit?

roneik Fri 12-Dec-14 16:27:31

Nah that's probably pressure treated wood and it should take the paint ok.
I went to B&Q 2 years ago took photos of their garden furniture along with measurements and hopped home to make my own. The excess wood was used for a walk in wardrobe after prep and used brushing wax on it and some ,a dab of paint, There were no probs

So get on with it before the snow traps you in it with only a tumble dryer and a stale digestive and a copy of George Clarkes how to survive in claustrophobic spacesgrin

roneik Fri 12-Dec-14 17:03:57

That wood was used in the interior of the wardrobe , with white doors on the exterior. Just in case you were thinking my house is brown, which it is not. So there I will have a cup of coffee now, just for the farrow and ball crowd grin

CointreauVersial Sat 13-Dec-14 11:05:08

I don't know what the construction of your shed walls is like, but just take care the paint doesn't seem through any gaps, or you'll get ugly drips on the outside.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now