Talk

Advanced search

How to disguise ugly central heating pipes?

(11 Posts)
Betty1980 Wed 10-Dec-14 18:15:27

Just having a minor crisis about some copper pipes that have been placed going straight up my dining room wall from the radiator up to the ceiling. They are not in a corner. wall is mustard up to coving then white. what would you do? paint to match? paint white? box in (although worried that would look crazy in the middle of wall?) or something more imaginative?

PigletJohn Wed 10-Dec-14 18:47:04

paint to match the wall, in satinwood, and stop looking at them.

roneik Wed 10-Dec-14 19:01:55

Have a look at these , navigate to the floor version to see what they look like

www.encasement-onlineshop.co.uk/catalog/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_10

roneik Wed 10-Dec-14 21:12:05

cough , it echos in here . I can hear a ricochet every time the dog farts

wormshuffled Thu 11-Dec-14 08:23:23

I would have to have them shifted into a corner and boxed in.

roneik Sat 13-Dec-14 16:19:27

Well it would be worth it as after paint has accumulated over time they get to look awful. I boxed some pipes in the kitchen some time ago, total transformation. The expose pipes really did look crude

Eastwickwitch Sat 13-Dec-14 17:23:22

We had ours boxed in with MDF & then painted.

BauerTime Sat 13-Dec-14 18:05:36

We had similar and the pipe wasn't even that near the wall. We got it moved as close to the wall and corner as possible but it still bugged me, so we had a false wall put up in front of it. It men's we lost about 50-60mm of room depth but at least it looks lovely now.

BauerTime Sat 13-Dec-14 18:06:00

*means

deraila Tue 16-Dec-14 10:02:05

i would ask plumber to channel wall and recess pipes into the wall and re plaster. not cheap option but wont bankrupt you and its a problem that wont go away.

roneik Tue 16-Dec-14 11:32:15

Spiders webs too, they lave those warm pipes. They have been priced out of pipe less houses by spiders that speculate in web spaces.
I hear it might be made into a series for webs under the hammer soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now