Talk

Advanced search

If your mansion house has moths in, then call... Rentokil?

(6 Posts)
ProfessorDent Mon 08-Dec-14 13:23:18

The carpet in our top bedroom, which is not often used, has long-term signs of moths (see pic). It is going to the tip next week, but before we put down a new carpet, is it an idea to get Rentokil or suchlike in, as a precaution?

Marmitelover55 Mon 08-Dec-14 13:26:34

Ha ha Rentaghost grin Sorry no idea re moths though ...

TimeWarp Mon 08-Dec-14 13:47:21

There's a good website called [[http://www.mothkiller.co.uk/carpet-moths-2-c.asp?gclid=CLa46KXJtsICFQGc2wodgDcAUg Moth Killer] that I have used in the past (for clothes moths). They sell complete treatment kits.

Once you've treated I recommend using some traps which are good for giving an indication of how many moths are left after treatment. They also drastically reduce the moth population within a couple of moth generations as they attract the males so that the females can't breed. It was the traps that finally sorted out my moth problem.

TimeWarp Mon 08-Dec-14 13:48:27

Sorry, bum link, here

jackies4 Tue 09-Dec-14 09:51:58

Start to get rid of the moths by using moth traps to catch adults, & vacuuming regularly in the affected area to remove all the larvae. More Moths tips. Varied Carpet Beetle larvae also eat carpets, so its worth double checking what's causing your problem.

ProfessorDent Thu 11-Dec-14 17:20:46

Many thanks! I will check out those sites.

PD

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now