Talk

Advanced search

Driveway planning permission

(4 Posts)
pebblepots Thu 04-Dec-14 06:49:13

I have had planning permission granted to put a new drive on my front garden (and enclose the current drive into the back garden, hence why planning permission was needed).

To get this planning permission I had to agree to extend the existing dropped kerb (which will cost £520), however it isn't really required, just the planning department took a view from looking at the plan that there wasn't enough room. There is though, I can easily drive 2 cars up onto the front garden now.

None of my neighbours objected to the planing application.

So frustrating as PP isn't even required for driveways and I could have just gone ahead and done it has I not needed to apply for change of use to enclose my old driveway which is to the side of my house.

So i'm considering not doing the dropped kerb and if the council notices and complains, do it then. Thoughts on this?

Thanks

LuckyLopez Thu 04-Dec-14 06:54:05

Didn't you post about this yesterday?

wowfudge Thu 04-Dec-14 09:40:35

Sounds to me as though extending the dropped kerb is a planning condition. If you don't do it, the Council won't sign off on the work.

pebblepots Thu 04-Dec-14 10:48:43

OK I've told them to go ahead with the kerb, I'll behave smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now